I cut up some old biscuit tin lids and bent them so they wrapped round the a/c unit fascia. Then I cut an aluminum vent pipe to form two cylindrical interfaces, which I duct taped to two holes in the biscuit tin. By attaching the dryer vent to the cylinder manifolds, and using copious amounts of duct tape to fix the assembly to the top of the a/c unit, I was able to achieve my goal: cool air transported from the a/c in one room to
where it was needed in the other room.
One unforeseen downside was the amount of condensation buildup on the pipes attached to the a/c, which then required a towel on the floor to catch the drips. I guess the other downside was that it actually did work.
I am so blessed.
Photos attached show the a/c unit, the pipes leaving one room and the pipes entering the destination room."