- Moose Thompson is trying to find a boyfriend for his daughter. She is 34, still lives at home, doesn’t mind watching sports and is a real good eater.
- For Sale: 1964 Studebaker Lark. Mostly blue. Smells like cheese. 18,000 original miles. Would have been more but it doesn’t always start. Two of the windows won’t go down. The other two won’t go up. Can be restored but would also be fun to push over a cliff. Call Stinky Peterson and make an offer.
- Red will be part of a big 150th Anniversary Show at Hanover Raceway on August 15th. Red’s on stage at 8 p.m., followed by a couple of country singers to make it a four-hour miniature extravaganza.
- Finally found a venue in Massachusetts that would let Red in. He’ll be in Pittsfield on November 13th. Details to follow on redgreen.com. The whole mini-tour looks like this: Nov.7 – Taylor MI, Nov. 9 – Vergennes VT, Nov. 11 – Bangor ME, Nov. 12 - Derry, NH, Nov. 13 – Pittsfield, MA, and Nov. 14 – Frederick, MD.
- Correction: Our local newspaper The Daily Movement erroneously reported that Old Man Sedgwick confessed to holding up a local convenience store. What Mr. Sedgwick actually said was ‘$4.99 for a chocolate bar is robbery.’ The police have dropped all charges and returned what was left of the Crispy Crunch.
- We’re looking into finding a cheap way to release scripts from the Red Green Show. Hope to have it figured out by the next Lodge meeting. Stay tune.
- Thanks to everybody who took part in the Real Men Real Fires Campaign. We had good response and hopefully helped avoid accidents. Speaking of avoiding accidents, congratulations to Buster Hadfield’s son and daughter-in-law on the birth of their baby boy.
- A lot of us in the Great White North are cheering for Canada’s one and only baseball team. It’s been 20 years since we’ve had good news.
- Have a great August. Don’t complain about the rainy weather. You’re saving a fortune in sun block. See you at the Lodge Meeting at the end of the month. Until then, keep your stick on the ice.
Red Green, lodge leader.